Contest Rules, Guidelines and Overview
Entry period: October 15th, 2016 through December 1st, 2016
© Joe LeFevre
- Share the View Photography Competition is sponsored by the Audubon Society of Greater Denver (ASGD), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Proceeds received by ASGD benefit the organization's education, conservation, and research programs.
- ASGD's competition aims to increase the appreciation of the natural world by highlighting images from outstanding nature and wildlife photographers.
- Submissions open on October 15, 2016 at 12:01am (Mountain Standard Time) and close on December 1, 2016 at 11:59pm. However, if a photographer has created an account on the contest website by December 1, entries may still be submitted until 11:59pm (Mountain Time) on December 5, 2016. Photographers who have entered previously or have already created an account do not have to register again.
- Images will be judged anonymously by jurors experienced in the field of nature and wildlife photography. Scores are based on originality, quality and impact. All decisions made by the judges and contest organizers are final.
- All photographers will be notified with their judging results by the end of December, 2016. The top 250 images will be viewable on the contest website in early January, 2017.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 10 images in the amounts shown below. The top 250 images will be featured on http://denveraudubon.contestvenue.com.
One $1000 Grand Prize Winner
The top 250 finalist images will be displayed on the contest website during 2017. One finalist image will be featured on the home page each day and all 250 will be accompanied by the photographer's name, contact information and link to website if desired.
Four $250 First Prize Winners
Five $100 Second Prize Winners
- Photographers may enter as many images as they'd like at $10 per image or 6 images for $50. Images selected for the Top 250 from previous years cannot be re-entered. Complete submission guidelines for image specifications are on the Image Specs page.
- To insure anonymous judging, images may not contain any watermarks, text, logos, borders, or other identifying marks. In addition, no text can be entered in the title, location, or description fields of an entry that would identify the photographer. And finally, all metadata will be removed during the upload process.
- Copyright remains with the photographer. By entering, the photographer agrees to allow ASGD to publish their top 250 images on the website and to use them in promotions for future contests. Unless photographers opt out on the entry form, their names and website links or email addresses will appear adjacent to their winning images.
- By entering the contest, each entrant accepts the rules as stated and guarantees that all the information provided is correct and truthful. Entries not accurately represented or not abiding by contest rules will be disqualified. Refunds will not be given in case of disqualification.
- Share the View nature photography competition is open to anyone 18 or older who is not directly involved in judging this contest.
- Subjects must be in keeping with the theme of nature and wildlife. All entries should accurately reflect the subject matter and scene as it actually appeared when captured with the camera.
- Images accepted in the Share the View contest must feature nature or wildlife from around the world. Landscapes, flora, fauna, macro, aerial, behavior, portrait, underwater, urban wildlife, abstract, black & white, and atmospherics are among the subjects and styles that are acceptable. Domestic animals and plants, people, and the "hand of man" may be included, but wildlife, landscape or nature must be the featured element.
- The material content of the photo as documented with the camera may not be changed or altered. Basic processing including, but not limited to color correction, exposure adjustment, spotting, saturation, contrast, and cropping are acceptable. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are also allowed. Tools that alter the appearance with artistic effects are not acceptable, nor are photo composites of more than one scene.
- Photographs of animals in the wild are favored over those in controlled conditions. Wildlife sanctuaries, zoos and rehabilitation facilities are acceptable locations for contest images, however game farm animals are not allowed. Game farms are defined as private for-profit operations whose primary income is generated from hiring out captive animals for photography, videography and film-making. Use of live bait to attract or control subjects is not allowed.
- Contest organizers may ask for additional information regarding images or circumstances of creating images before finalizing any of the top 250 winners. RAW or original files, or original slides or negatives may be required for examination before finalizing the award. If requested, the source images requested must be provided within one week of notification or the contending photo may be disqualified.
- It is the entrant's responsibility to provide an accurate email address for notification. Share the View is not responsible for emails that are not received, so please be sure to set your e-mail program and spam filters to accept e-mail from "contestvenue.com"
- Entries must be submitted in digital form on the contest website and prepared to contest specifications. The original can be film or digital capture that was created within a camera. Scans of negatives or transparencies taken with film cameras are acceptable as long as the files meet submission specifications. Guidelines for preparing and uploading files may be found on the Image Specs page
- All decisions by the judges and administrators of Share the View are final.
- By submitting entries, photographers acknowledge that their images do not reflect harm to the environment or harassment of wildlife and that manipulation altering the material content has not been done. If suspected, entries will be disqualified. Images not abiding by the rules of this contest will be disqualified and refunds will not be given.
- Each image must be the work of the person entering it. By submitting a photograph to the Share the View Photo Contest you warrant that you are 18 or over and the copyright holder of the image, that you alone own the copyright, and that you have obtained any necessary property and model releases. If your photograph is selected as a winner of the contest, you may be asked to submit a personal release, location release, or model release.
- The contest is administered by www.ContestVenue.com
Please refer to the FAQs page for answers to common questions not addressed in the rules.